Monday, January 19, 2009

What can I say, I love to knit hats!




So this is my new space to talk about crafts and show off stuff I make. Here's a couple of hats I made over the week of Thanksgiving. Did not follow anyone else's pattern, but they are both a 2x2 rib knit with a mixture of DK and worsted weight wool yarn: the yellow is Lion Wool, the orange is Patons Classic Merino, and the rest was KnitPicks Swish DK. They were all left-overs from other projects, and I decided to mix and match the colors in ways I hadn't seen before. I really am trying to use yarn I have on hand for stuff for myself and family to de-stash a bit. I allow myself to buy yarn for gifts I'm knitting though. I knit them both on a size 4 circular needle a la magic loop and therefore did not have to change to dpns when I decreased at the top. I loves me that magic loop!
The brown stripey one is my favorite. I call it my Thanksgiving Hat because, well, I finished it on Thanksgiving, or actually the morning after. It's super soft, super warm, super stretchy, and I made it long enough that I can turn up the brim a full 2-3 inches, which keeps my ears warm.
Yay for hats!



2 comments:

  1. Yay for hats indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, this is kinda cool. I like this format, if I can just figure it out...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
This is my place to talk about crafting, what I make, and maybe even why I make it.