Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Baby Brainiac or Log Cabin Fever?

Well, right around the time of my last post I had started a new log cabin. Yes ANOTHER one. This one is a baby gift for a coworker's impending first bundle o' joy, which they already know is a boy, so I hopped into excel and designed what I wanted to make and then cast on. It is well underway and shouldn't have any trouble finishing by the end of July, which is my goal. As of right now I'm calling it the Baby Brainiac Blankie, because the contrast of black and white is supposed to stimulate baby's brain, and the optical illusion is kinda cool... I'll post the full instructions and pics of the design when I'm done, but here's how it's going so far:

I'm also involved with a 12" afghan square swap (knit/crochet), and have a couple of those knit but not blocked yet, so I'll save those for another post. I'll try to do better about posting more often, okay?

2 comments:

  1. That is really stunning....and sort of mesmerizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love that it looks way more complicated than it is. I was told that the technique I "accidentally taught myself" knitting with both black and white individually on the same row is intarsia. Which of course means I can now tackle something involving intarsia without freaking out about it containing intarsia. ;)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
This is my place to talk about crafting, what I make, and maybe even why I make it.